Friday 20 June 2014

Christina Chalmers

To carry on with my development process i found i needed to research an artist who focused more on the delicacy of the piece and preferably a more sculpture/garment. Christina Chalmers is a mixed media sculpture who focuses on creating large scale dress sculptures from materials such as lace, paper and scrim like materials. In response to Chalmers i created samples using newspaper, parcel paper, netting, scrim and stitch. I used a calm colour palette of white, cream and light brown shades to capture the same delicate touch as Chalmers dresses. I found from researching both Chalmers and Komus has helped to widen my thoughts on how to carry on with my development process.









I found my responses were quite successful in creating a more fragile tone, this is something i would like to include into my samples when developing my work to add a delicate done to the decrepit nature of my samples. 


No comments:

Post a Comment