Friday 20 June 2014

Heather Komus


To expand on my ideas i decided to further research some artists that explored similar materials or composition to me. Heather komus was an artists who caught my eye, she is a mixed media artist who uses a combination of handmade paper, embroidery and corporeal materials such as human hair. From looking at the composition and different materials Komus uses i have been highly inspired to take a similar composition and materials into my own work. I started my creating a sample in response using various materials such as papers, plastic, dyes and stitch leaving hanging strings to represent a decrepit tone also to represent the use of hair as of Komus. I also created a similar sample yet combine latex into the piece which ccreated a similar texture. From my blog comments i decided to extend the size of the latex sample i created in response to komus, this was an effective piece as it was more powerful and striking. 





No comments:

Post a Comment