Tuesday 17 June 2014

Shibori

      To explore different pattern and composition i create shibori samples using different dyes to capture different tones. To develop my samples i added stitch which gave them shibori a scrunched effect expressing decrepitness and a fragile effect.




I again developed my shibori samples further linking to my artist Lisa Kellner who creates large scale sculptures using silk, organza, thread and various pigments. I re-created samples of her work using a shibori technique using marbles to capture the round like shapes. I also added latex and pulled the shapes through some bubble wrap to express a crumbling tone. 



1 comment:

  1. I like the Shibori samples, they're really delicate and give an aged impression showing slight beauty through its decaying nature. You could combine the Shibori with other materials other than the use of latex; such as netting which would link in with your artist. You could also use collage and create some small mixed media experiments.

    ReplyDelete