Tuesday 17 June 2014

Experimenting with latex




I started my experimentation with the use of latex as a link to my stage 2 where i highly used PVA and slightly explored latex, from exploring the two i found that latex was a more effective technique to be as it has a better quality constancy, also it's easier to shape and to create different samples.


I experimented with the latex on different background such as bubble wrap to create different textual surfaces, i wanted to capture a rough and aged texture to portray a decaying piece. This bubble wrap latex is my favourite sample with the latex as it explores a interesting texture and portrays a decaying nature, more so when pulled apart    showing a crumbling effect.



I would develop these samples by adding stitch and hanging threads as this would symbolise the breaking and deterioration of the sample. Also combining them with independent materials to create a more textual surface.

1 comment:

  1. I think these are very interesting experiments however, to develop your latex samples a bit further, you could create larger scales and incorporate layers of your other experiments to create a more tactile and decrepit samples.

    ReplyDelete