Friday 20 June 2014

Garment Ideas



When creating my final garment i wanted to create a minimal back just using string as i thought this would best show a decrepit tone. I tried different ways in which i could situate the strings. Here are two examples of the different backs i tried, i tried a straight back and also a corsetted back. I found the corset back was iconic of the genre and linked well to my theme however i found it was hard to create a high quality corset without making the garment look tacky. I found the straight strings worked best, was simple and still looked effective. I developed these strings by adding coffee stains to the thread to change it's colour to a rustic colour palette, i also added brown thread around to add texture and to create a more delicate base. I found the use of this coffee and string was powerful and very successful leading me to using this as part of my final design. 

No comments:

Post a Comment